Great Scots! A New Tennessee Tour!
hree bold Scotsmen from Tennessee made an indelible impression on our nation with their fearless philosophies and indefatigable wills. We will visit the places that shaped Andrew Jackson, Nathan Bedford Forrest and James Knox Polk as they forged their places in history, culminating with a day of Highland Games for all our guests to participate in!
Learn More and Register for the Great Scots Tour!
Featured Sites Include
- The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson’s home in Nashville
- Chapel Hill, Boyhood home of Nathan Bedford Forrest
- James K. Polk Home, Columbia
- Museum of the Confederacy—Grand Opening!
- Elm Springs, International Headquarters Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Motor Coach tour of Shiloh Battlefield
Highland Games for Our Guests!
- Tug o’ War / Running Races / Arm wrestling / Stone put / Caber toss / Fiddling
- Scots Irish Knowledge Bowl / Translation Contest / More things Scottish!
While many of the Scots-Irish distinguished themselves in war and politics, none more so than Andrew Jackson, James Knox Polk, and Nathan Bedford Forrest. Those three men made indelible marks on American history, for good or ill, and left the brightest possible colors on the American historical tapestry. Join us on this fun and fascinating tour in middle Tennessee! You’ll be glad you did!